COVID-19 Update: I have immediate openings for tele-therapy (video or phone sessions) and would be honoured to support you during this time of uncertainty. I use a secure online video platform called OnCall Health.
1. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
Take time to relax, exercise, eat well, spend time with people you enjoy and activities which you find pleasurable. When you are the best you can be, you can be the best you can be in relationships.
2. CHOOSE TO FIND THE POSITIVE IN LIFE EXPERIENCES - INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON THE NEGATIVE.
Most clouds have a silver lining and offer opportunities for personal understanding and growth. When you accept that things are difficult and just do what you need to do - then it doesn't seem so hard.
3. LET GO OF THE PAST.
If you can't change it and you have no control over it, then let it go. Don't waste your energy on things that cannot benefit you. Forgive yourself and others.
4. BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE.
Don't worry about other people; do what you know is right for you. When you take responsibility for your own part/business - you feel good. Don't get caught up in blaming others.
5. ACKNOWLEDGE AND TAKE CREDIT FOR YOUR OWN SUCCESSES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS.
Avoid false modesty.
6. TAKE THE TIME TO DEVELOP ONE OR TWO CLOSE RELATIONSHIPS.
In which you can be honest about your thoughts, feelings and needs.
7. TALK POSITIVELY TO YOURSELF.
We talk to ourselves all day long. If we are saying negative and fearful things - then that is the way we feel.
8. REMOVE YOURSELF FROM HURTFUL OR DAMAGING SITUATIONS.
Temporarily walk away from a situation that is getting out of control. Give yourself some space and problem solve a positive approach to dealing with it.
9. ACCEPT THAT LIFE IS ABOUT CHOICES.
It is always bringing to you - to which requires adjustment.
10. HAVE A PLAN FOR THE FUTURE.
Develop long range goals for yourself, but work on them one day at a time.